In-Office Patient Visits
We began offering regular in-office appointments on July 1, 2020. Our practice is supporting social distancing and elevated cleaning protocols to protect the health of patients and staff. During these unprecedented times we are going above and beyond cleaning standards to protect our families, team members and community as a whole. The following added layers of protection are in effect to continually control, minimize and eliminate all potential viral aerosols. The supply and return vents of our HVAC system has been upgraded recently. Medical grade air filtration systems have been placed throughout our practice to capture viral aerosols in surrounding spaces.
We look forward to serving you and wanted to provide information on new processes for your next appointment. All changes have been made in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and California Medical Association (CMA) to protect our patients and staff:
- Patients will still be offered the option of a virtual visit (telemedicine) from our staff utilizing Doximity. Please know that you will still receive the same standard of care you have come to expect from us. You are not required to have an additional software or app. You will just click on the link sent by text message at the time of your appointment.
- If coming to our office: our staff will be in contact to ask a few screening questions before your scheduled appointment. There may be additional questions when you arrive at our office. You will be asked to reschedule your appointment if you were recently exposed to COVID19 or you are having symptoms of COVID19.
- Please remain in your car, and call or text (858) 336-2810 when you arrive. A staff member will let you know when we are ready for you to come in.
- No guests or visitors will be allowed to join patients, except for caregivers for elderly or infirm patients.
- You will be asked to wash your hands as soon as you enter the office, and your temperature will be taken.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, and other items that are difficult to clean.
- You may be offered fewer scheduling options for your appointment to allow for physical distancing between patients.
- Please wear a face covering to protect yourself, other patients and our staff. While you may not feel you need one, in case you are an asymptomatic carrier of the virus, we know masks help prevent the spread of the virus, and we see high-risk patients in our practice. We thank you for helping protect them.
With the current impact of COVID-19 in our community, we want to ensure our patients have access to their providers if they are unable to come into the office. In an effort keep our patients safe, especially those most vulnerable, we are now offering Telehealth visits, which enable you to have a virtual visit with your provider from your smartphone or computer.